Sunday, July 23, 2017

Amborian Phrasebook


Hello!
Makevia! Or Eirkem! (informal) [i]
Be free! (imperative mood); Eirkem is probably from an Old Treian root meaning "strong, courageous, bold" and may thus be understood as "be strong!" or "be bold!" but this is by no means certain.

How are you doing?
Keviahi tuvjam? (1 person) [ii]
Being-free-are you?

Kevianti tuvaum? (2 or more persons) [iii]
Being-free-are you (plural)?

I am doing well.
Djam keviani. [iv]
I am being-free.

How much does that cost?
Kauxik ta heixanjas? [v]
How-much that costs?

What is your name?
Ollot tuvaum? (1 person) [vi]
Being-called you?

Olloteo eituvaum? (2 or more persons) [vii]
Being-called you (plural)?

My name is Rinsos.
Jadam ollo Rinsos. [viii]
Me (acc.) calls Rinsos.

I love you.
Djam tuvam hasanijami. [ix]
I you am-loving.

You are beautiful.
Tuvjam-raiam abeirjahi. [x]
You-beautiful are-being.

You are hateful to me.
Tuvjam-nelken djam-abi abeirjahi. [xi]
You-hateful me-to are-being

The King! The King and the Ambori!
Pjabo! Pjabo ka Ambori! [xii]
Ruler! Ruler and Ambori!

The Red Isle! The Red Gates and the Red Isle!
Weixranbo! Weixunthara ka Weixranbo! [xiii]
Red-Isle! Red-gates and Red Isle!



No comments:

Post a Comment