A song of Vasiral, the seer.
Nankeinela, Mighty Maker:
I will chant a song unto him,
Song of praise, and of thanksgiving,
While beneath the starry Heavens
I still walk, and drink these waters.
While I walk and drink these waters
I will put no trust in princes—
People-kings have ever failed me,
Ever failed to render justice,
Ever go down into darkness.
Nankeinela’s truth forever
Will endure, though mankind passes.
Though all the folk of Lanenomen
And the sons of Orusena
Pass away and fall from memory.
Nankeinela’s Song, abiding,
Upholds all the jeweled Heavens,
And the earth upon its pillars
Well-established, until ended[1]
Is the Song, and earth is silent.
The earth is silent now before him;
Our praises far beyond the Heavens
Seldom reach; yet he upholds us
With the justice of his judgments
Which he gives to the Water’s Children.
Chains are loosed by Nankeinela,
Chains of bondage, chains of sorrow.
Never will the sons of Sencan
Die in torment like their fathers
Since Nankeinela set them free.
[1] Some older manuscripts give an alternate reading for this stanza: “Nankeinela’s Song, abiding / holds the jeweled spheres of Heaven, / Suspends the earth on its foundation / Till the day of his revealing; / Before the Song the earth is silent.” But concerning this curious mystical tradition, see the writings of Malfaloth the Seer.
No comments:
Post a Comment